Expectations & Netiquette
In order to encourage free expression, it is the policy of www.catholicmajority.com that contributors and commentators may post without fear of being personally attacked for their points of view. While healthy disagreements and debates are encouraged, comments or posts that lack the civility required on this site will be deleted by the moderator(s). Repeated blocked comments may lead to blacklisting of a commentator. This will be done without fanfare or announcement, so as not to distract from the focus of the comment threads. The following “blogmandments” are designed to help clarify this policy and introduce other aspects of website netiquette. Below, you will also find examples of comments that will be deleted, to illustrate the implementation of this policy.
1. I am www.catholicmajority.com, thy Blog. While thou art free to have other Blogs before me, thou shalt not make any graven images (or digital reproductions) of copyrighted materials without the prior express consent of the copyright holder.
2. Thou shalt not make personal attacks on contributors or commentators.
3. Remember the topic, to keep it topical.
4. Honor thy brothers and thy sisters, Catholic and otherwise.
5. Thou shalt not post spam.
6. Thou shalt not commit snobbery.
7. Thou shalt not steal the work or words of others, or otherwise plagiarize or misrepresent thyself.
8. Thou shalt not permit thy neighbor’s expression of faith to ruin thine own expression of faith.
9. Thou shalt not condemn the anonymous.
10. Thou shalt not use profanity, neither shalt thou provide links or otherwise direct users to pornography, rendering unto the readers of www.catholicmajority.com a less than wholesome experience.
The 7 Deadly Comments
2. “You ought to be ashamed of yourself.”
3. “Check out this site: www. [something completely unrelated].com!”
4. “I made $1,000 by taking a simple survey, and so can you if you [do whatever/go wherever/call whomever]!!!!”
5. “I will pray for you to see the error of your ways.”
6. “See [random celebrity] naked here!”
7. “You are not a true Catholic.”
Finally, and just in case:
We will always attempt to provide the best and most accurate information possible here at www.catholicmajority.com, but you are responsible for your own actions. We will not be held liable for anything that results from the use of the information here.