Once again, it’s Friday, and time for our Friday Round-Up! The following articles/videos are recommended reading for this weekend (or whenever), and (mostly) cover events from this past week. As always, we’d love your feedback on these articles/videos. We’d also love suggestions from our readers for future Friday Round-Ups. To submit a recommendation, please complete the following form. (You may also use this form to report broken or missing links!)
Here’s the list for this week!
- Veteran Jesuit explains choice to return to lay life (article)
- How social conservatives won: Can progressives reverse the tide? (article)
- Be generous givers of mercy, not condemnation, disapproval, pope says (article)
- Are miracles really needed to become a saint? (article)
- Free the Word: Why the Church Needs to Release Her Teachings to the World (SIGN THE PETITION) (article and petition)
- Catholic Newsbreak (video, suggested by reader!)
- The heroic absurdity of Dan Brown (article)
- What can we know about Jesus? (book excerpt)
- Atrocious anti-gay bigotry from Father Z (article)
- Pope who can’t be pigeonholed bound to disappoint some, says cardinal (article)
What do you think? Anything stick out to you from any of these articles? Are we missing great content (let us know in form above)? Need another fix? Check out last week’s articles here.